A World of Useless Information

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Vacation

I love Christmas and
one of my favorite movies is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation starring Chevy Chase.



(If you have not seen this movie then you need to drop everything that you are doing and go watch it)

While watching this movie on Sunday night, their was a comment made about how funny the name Chevy was. So I started to find some info using my trusty Blackberry. I found this info quite interesting.
-Chevy Chases real name is Cornelius Crane Chase
-Chevy was part of the SNL cast for only 1 1/2 years, due to constant fighting with the cast, namely John Belushi and Lorne Michaels.

-He got into a fist fight with Bill Murray backstage during a taping of SNL. He made a comment about Bill Murray's face looking like craters on the moon.
-Christmas Vacation was #1 at the box office and grossed over 71 million dollars.
-The movie also made over 34 million in rental profits

One of the greatest characters in all of movie history is Cousin Eddie. If any one out there happens to know where I can find a hat like this please let me know.





My favorite quote from Cousin Eddie-

Stupid facts about my favorite Christmas Movie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha Bill Murrays face looks like craters on the moon.. Thats hilarious.

Anonymous said...

If your blog is going to be like this everyda, then I am going to make it a regular visit. nice work Stewside.

Dover said...

You remind me a little of Chevy.

Dover said...

Clark Griswold: Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?
Cousin Eddie: Naw, I'm doing just fine, Clark.

Rusty Griswold: Dad, this tree won't fit in our back yard.
Clark: It's not going in the yard, Russ. It's going in the living room.