A World of Useless Information

Monday, March 24, 2008

A Funeral and a road trip

My four brothers and I drove down to our grandmothers funeral last week. Although it was sad to see her pass away, she lived for 92 years and had a great life. I wanted to share some of the highlights that we had of this wonderful trip. There were 4 of us in a VW Jetta all the way to California so you can imagine we had some fun times.

Me, Zach, Dan, Russ playing horse shoes in my grandmas backyard.

Zach could not handle the car ride. He is not a road warrior.
My brother Dan had to stop and use the restroom every 10 minutes. I had to snap at least one photo.

This is the motel that we stayed at. It was not the worst place in the world to stay but the beds were only doubles and my brothers are not very small. (see image above) So I did not sleep all that well.

Zach on the PSP. We both have them and we played Star Wars Battle Front for many a hour.

This was a picture that my grandma had on her wall at home. I am on the far left, second from the bottom. I am so cool. (My grandma is in the middle with the red dress)

Getting Ready for the Funeral. (Grandma Stewart lived 92 years)
I had to buy myself a sweet travel iron, because our high class motel did not have one.
Hanging out in the backyard at my grandmas house. She had tons of Lemon and Orange trees. We always bet to see who could eat a Lemon. I never could.

1 comments:

Tim & Steph said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. It looks like you had an OK time though in my home city of ESCO! Man...I miss that place.